Cindy Waltman from Howlin Hounds sent us a sick puppy

Phoenix, Arizona 2 comments

In June of 2011, we went on puppy find.com looking to purchase a new blood hound puppy.we found a puppy we were interested in, and contacted the breeder Cindy Waltman.

we purchased the puppy by the name Scarlet which we later changed to Charlie. the first thing i questioned, when we found Scarlet online the date of her birth would not make her 8 weeks old until the 15th of July. which meant she could not be shipped until the 15th of July. Cindy told me that i was wrong about the date of her birth, and all of the sudden Scarlet was being shipped on the 29th of June.

which would only make her six weeks old. the next problem was we wanted her shipped by air, Cindy insisted that we have her shipped by truck. She told me that 2 of Scarlets siblings were already being shipped to Arizona the same way, so it would be more convenient to ship Scarlet the same way. i was never told there were 91 other puppies and dogs on the transport.

when Scarlet arrived she had a little runny nose. i never thought much of it because we just had an extremely bad dust storm that day. Scarlet who had now become Charlie was a happy go lucky puppy until day 10. that saturday morning Charlie was having trouble breathing and didn't even look like the same dog.

we took her to the vet. she was critically ill. blood tests showed she had distemper and bordetella which led to mycoplasma phenomena. by day 12 she died.

some of the facts about bordetella are: very contagious (all four of my other dogs came down with bordetella), it takes 12 to 14 days to incubate. which means Charlie was sick when she left the breeder. when i contacted Cindy she refused to believe me, never offered to replace the puppy (which i would never had taken any way), and never offered to reimburse me for the puppy, transport, or any medical bills. it was a 3,200 dollar loss.

it was tragic to our family and poor Charlie never stood a chance.

I wonder out of the 91 other puppies and dogs on that transport became ill or died, because of the lack of responsibility of this breeder Cindy Waltman from Howlin Hounds.

Review about: Puppy Breeder.

Comments

Thank you so much for your concern. I agree with you 100%. We miss Charlie.

sterler

Are you serious????There were 91 other dogs in the trasport?

I'm from pennsylvania and I know puppy mills..... the whole thing just screams of it. Unfortunately, Charlie and you were on the losing end of this whole thing.

I don't know of any DECENT breeder that packs their puppy up and sends it in a truck with 91 other dogs. For that matter, I don't know of any decent breeder that sends their pups by anything other than air or a personal drive to the new owner.

Sorry for your loss.

You're right...Charlie never had a chance.